Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Story So Far

Bug is running. Bug is expensive. That is where we are. The engine compartment seal has been replaced. Engine and missing installation hardware has been replaced. Engine installed. Accelerator cable was replaced. Battery in place and cleaned. Engine wiring repaired and engine started. Generator and generator light are working. Car is in rough condition, more needs to be done. But I have a current total and am working on getting it paid. Most of the work is due to basic neglect of the car and engine due to the nine months it sat outside without care. But what I have now is a car being rehabbed, a list of what was done and what it took to do it over a period of four days. Thanks to the spiraling cost it might be a bit before I get Zazu back but I'm happy with the outcome. I may get some pictures of the car and the work.

No comments: