Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Short

My Dearest Gertrude,
The car is warming up for yet another trip into the arctic abyss that is Missoula, Montana. I know not what my journey will bring, but I know it is far to important that I do not tarry. My newer car has failed me. Only the old car soldiers on. This is a journey not of wanton desire, but of necessity. For those of you who follow this blog, know this. I have loved and lived and lost. I only hope you can follow where I cannot go and bring joy and solace to this world. If these are my last, then tell those I loved I love them as well. The time approaches, I must venture out.
Freezing under the Big Sky,
Frank Jones


Sorry just had to get that out. But yes, my 1999 Nissan is down with a thermostat issue. And the high today was 5 degrees Fahrenheit. It's cold. And it's icy. But I must go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
EDIT

I've returned with a few notes. The back end of my car reallly wants to be the front end. And it seem the front end is happy to oblige more often then not. And sometimes with no provocation at all. It's almost as if a conversation goes on:

Front End: Hey Back End! Wanna lead for a bit?
Back End: Golly Front End! I'm not sure. James want's us to be going in a straight line. See how careful he's being?
Front End: Oh, he won't mind! Remember what we did at Broadway and Russel? It's almost like he enjoyed it, with the counter steering and all. Maybe this time he'll let you lead!
Back End: Well if you say so...
(Car swerves wildy, much counter steering ensues)
Back End: I told you so!
Front End: You telegraphed. Now this time lets give him no warning at all!

And he lack of heat is terrible. Really terrible. But I shall keep at it!

No comments: